Mauritius is one of Africa’s unspoilt and natural islands with the best-balanced lifestyle that many seek. Perhaps you’re pondering staying awhile and considering visiting. It makes sense. You will be very welcome as a non-citizen. Mauritius offers a fantastic one-year visa called the Premium Visa, also known as the Mauritius digital nomad visa.
Digital Nomad Visa / Premium Visa
What It Is
The versatile permit allows travellers to travel to and remain in Mauritius for up to a year, with the option of extending their stay. If you are a tourist, a retiree or a professional, you can apply and enjoy this country’s amazing lifestyle, which you would otherwise only see on vacations. With your co-dependents or family members, you may stay in Mauritius for a maximum of a year and carry out your work or your business remotely.
The application process is one of the easiest ever. Taking just a few minutes, it can be completed online. No fees are associated with its application process, which takes up to 48 hours. A reply is sent via email within that timeframe. In order to speed up your application, it is advisable to gather all the documents ahead of time and have them on hand.
How To Qualify
Suppose you’re a future traveller to Mauritius or are already there as a tourist with the usual 180-day visa and wish to apply for the digital nomad visa. In that case, the following has to be proven and submitted:
- Proof of long-stay plans, such as proof of accommodation
- Sufficient travel and health insurance for the initial year of your stay
- Proof of primary source of income from a non-Mauritian company/ employee
- Proof of earnings:
- The minimum requirement is $1,500 per month for a single person, plus $500 for every non-working family member under 24 years old
- A couple must earn a minimum of $3,000 per month
- Satisfactory compliance with the current health protocols in place
- Other basic immigration/ tourist requirements, e.g. valid passport, marriage and birth certificates, etc.
Move To Mauritius Brings Everything Within Your Grasp
Take the burden off your shoulders by letting Move To Mauritius handle the details. We can handle your flights, accommodation, schooling, and visa applications. Experience the island lifestyle in tranquillity and with boundless energy when you arrive at your new home. Or continue doing what you’re doing in this lovely country and we’ll organise your permit extension!
Book an appointment and we will help you to make the Premium Visa a reality.